Stocking a home bar can appear daunting but you can start with a few essentials at a time.
- Cocktail Shaker – This is the simplest and quickest way to mix your drink of choice or if you’re preparing something more ambitious it can make all the difference between an unpleasant drink and a delicious one.
2. Ice Scoop and Ice Tongs – We think this speaks for itself, but in case you need convincing; ice scoops or tongs are an easy, quick, and clean way to add ice to your drink. These can be added to your daily kitchen utensils or be saved for your home bar.
3. Ice Bucket – Add an elegant touch to your home bar all while keeping ice close by for your next refreshing drink.
4. Bottle Opener – We can’t forget about a classic bottle opener for those casual nights. This is a must-have item for every home bar or kitchen if you have not yet designed your bar.
5. Serving Tray – And of course a serving tray! How else are you going to transport all those drinks from your home bar to your guests. you’ve prepared and hopefully a snack or two.
These are the very basics, not just for a home bar but for entertaining in general. Once you’ve added these to your collection you can move on to specialized tools.